The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien The Black Count: Glory, Revolution, Betrayal and the Real Count of Monte Cristo - Tom Reiss The Importance of Being Earnest and Other Plays - Oscar Wilde Murder in the Mews: Four Cases of Hercule Poirot (Audio) - Agatha Christie, Nigel Hawthorne

Ever since the pandemic / quarantine situation has started, I´m even more of a mood reader than I usually am, craving a specific genre for a week or two and then all of a sudden, I´m craving another genre.

For the last two weeks I´ve been in the mood for reading classics. But now, after having reread Miss Buncle´s Book, I´m in the mood for re-reading another book. And yet, I´m still not entirely out of the classics phase and I have a slight urge to read fantasy as well. In a nutshell: my reading is all over the place.

Looking at my shelves, only The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings Trilogy fulfills all these criteria. And I´m a stickler for reading books in order, so The Hobbit is going to be one of the books I will be reading over the weekend.

I started The Black Count a couple of days ago and I´m slowly working my way through it, reading a chapter here and there. So far it´s incredibly fascinating to learn more about Alexandre Dumas family and how their story has influenced his writing.

I plan on reading the last two plays by Oscar Wilde in The Importance of Being Earnest and other Stories collection. I already loved "The Importance of Being Earnest", "Lady Windermere´s fan" was a pretty strong play as well and yesterday I have read the play "Salomé", which I didn´t like at all. The two remaining plays are "A Woman of no Importance" and "An Ideal Husband".

And my audiobook at the moment is Murder on the Mews by Agatha Christie. This collection of Poirot short stories is not one of my favorites by her and I didn´t enjoy Nigel Hawthorne´s narration of the "Murder in the Mews" short story very much. Luckily the next story in the collection is narrated by Hugh Fraser.

Have a nice weekend everyone and happy reading :D