February was a difficult reading month for me, because one week I barely had time to read anything and in another week I was in a minor reading slump. However, I finished 8 books altogether, because...

... audiobooks to the rescue.

In terms of genre I´ve read:

Not so much of diversity this month, but my overall star rating made up for the lack of diversity in my reading:

Considering that I read approx. 500 pages of The Count of Monte Christo as well, I had a fantastic reading month after all.

My favorite of the month (5 stars):

The Hopkins Manuscript - R.C. Sherriff

I tend to struggle with dystopian novels, but this one was fantastic. And that ending ... so good.

My least favorite read of the month (3 star):

The Hollow - Agatha Christie

This isn´t a bad Christie, but I struggled a bit with the unlikeable characters in this one.

Books, that are worth mentioning:

All Systems Red - Martha Wells  Artificial Condition - Martha Wells

The Murderbot Diaries:

I love reading about Artificial Intelligence, especially when the A.I. characters are so loveable and well drawn as the ones in the Murderbot Diaries are. 4 stars for both of these books.

A Natural History of Dragons: A Memoir by Lady Trent - Marie Brennan

The Memoirs of Lady Trent:

I´m so glad that I decided to read this series on audiobook. Kate Readings narration is excellent. Listening to this didn´t make me reconsider my initial star rating of 3.5 stars, but I enjoyed the audiobook so much that I´m currently in the middle of the second book in the series and I´m enjoing it so much.

The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper - Hallie Rubenhold

The Five:

A very strong non-fiction book about Jack the Ripper´s five victims, which is not focusing on the actual crime, but on the lives up to the point of their murder. And what dismal and horrible lives these poor women had.

I especially liked the unflinching look on Victorian society from the poor mans / womans perspective. 4.5 stars.

And last but not least my Christie reread on audiobook:

Cards on the Table (Audio) - Agatha Christie,Hugh Fraser

One of my favorites. 4.5 stars.

I had 4 DNF´s this month and as it turns out, I´m also pretty ruthless with DNFing my books. I don´t have patience for boring books. My DNFs this month were:

The Binding - Bridget Collins  Überlebt: Meine 14 Achttausender - Reinhold Messner  The Bear and the Nightingale - Katherine Arden  The Midwich Cuckoos - John Wyndham

Let´s hope the next month will be as succesfull as this one. But hopefully with less DNFs.