The Tropic of Serpents - Marie Brennan I Saw a Man - Owen Sheers, Thomas Mohr

Two DNFs in a day, this has to be a new record for me.

The Tropic of Serpents: I´m still bored by this book and whenever I´m looking at it I don´t feel the urge to pick it up. But maybe I will give it another try later on, because I´ve got the feeling I´m not in the right head-space at the moment to enjoy this story. I DNFd the first book in the series and ended up liking it on my second try, so I might do the same with this novel.

I Saw a Man: I skimread the last half of it and now I know how it ended. What a dud this book is. This novel is about 300 pages long and could easily have been cut by 200 pages. There is just so much moping around by guilt-ridden characters I can tolerate in my reading. Thanks BT, for encouraging me to not waste anymore time on this book.

So, what am I reading now:

Lonesome Dove - Larry McMurtry Children of Time - Adrian Tchaikovsky

I´m still reading Lonesome Dove and I´m loving it. Can´t wait to dig into the next weeks chapters. And at the moment I have a weird craving for SciFi books, so I´m going to crack up Children of Time tonight. I´m really looking forward to this book and I hope it´s going to be a good one.