Task: Post a picture from your most recent or favorite vacation on the sea (or a lake, river, or any other body of water larger than a puddle)

First thing first: A picture of the river Thames

We had a wonderful time in London and besides buying books we did manage to see a lot.

On the day of our arrival we went into town to Green Park and Buckingham Palace

before taking a stroll down Picadilly. Our host recommended a visit to Fortnum & Mason, a store that sells the finest food, tea pots and stationary among other things. I was so in awe of this store I only dared to take a picture of the macaron display.

The next day we went to the Victoria and Albert Museum, which is an impressive buildung. And I would like to own the art in the entrance hall. Simply stunning.

The afternoon took us to Covent Garden, with its great stores (I especially adored the Moomins shop), places to eat and fabulous live music.

In the evening we went to see the Mousetrap, Agatha Christies famous play and the longest running play of the world. It was amazing.

Wednesday we did our Southbank walk alongside the Thames. Starting point was Westminster.

We visited the Tate Modern and this place was awesome. I definitely have to visit this gallery again. My favorite art works (of the ones I have seen) were the "Bakelit Robot" by Nam June Paik

and "Babel 2001" by Cildo Meireles.

At last our walk took us the Southwark Cathedral and the Borough Market (with all its delicious food). My mother was lucky, she spotted Doorkins the Cathedral Cat.

Thursday we visited the National Gallery, experiencing wonderful paintings by William Turner (my favorite painter of them all), Monet and Van Gogh.

In the afternoon we went to the odd museum of the excentric John Soanes. This place was weird and I can hardly describe it with words. One has to see it for oneself.

In the evening we watched Les Miserable at the West End. I absolutely loved this musical (and I can´t wait to read the book).

The perfect end to our vacation.

(I have taken all the pictures myself).