First of all thank you to Spooky´s House of Books for this tag.

Do you have a certain place in your home for reading?

I have heard the word "hyggekrog" somewhere. A krog is a nook, so it roughly translates to hyggenook. And I guess I have my own kind of hyggekrog, where all my reading takes place:

Bookmark or random piece of paper?

Both, but I prefer bookmarks. It depends on whether or not I have access to the latter ones.

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop reading after a chapter / certain number of pages?

I can just stop reading in the middle of a chapter, but I try to finish a chapter before I have to stop.

Do you eat or drink while you read?

No, I don´t. Most of the time I actually have to force myself to drink something once in a while.

Multitasking: music or TV while reading?

I can do both, actually. I prefer listening to Soundtracks while reading (Braveheart, Imitation Game, Moon ...) and as for TV: I´m plowing through the pages while the Bundesliga (the German football/soccer league) is on.

One book at a time or several at once?

Normally one book at a time, but if a book is especially demanding (yes, I mean you "A Place of Greater Safety") I like to read something lighter in between.

And as for "War and Peace", which I´m currently reading: I could read this book nonstop, but I have the problem that my arm starts to ache massivly because this book is so heavy (I know, it is kind of ridiculous). So I had to take a break from Tolstoy over the last couple of days and I had to fill this void with another book.

Reading at home or everywhere?

I´m reading mostly at home and at work during lunch breaks.

Reading out loud or silently in your head?

Silently in my head. At least I hope so ;).

Do you read ahead or skip pages?

No, I don´t read ahead or skip pages. But sometimes I skimread books I have invested too much time in to DNF it with a good conscience. But this happens maybe once a year.

Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

I try not to break the spines on my books, but if it happens I don´t mind.

Do you write in your books?

I have never written anything in a book and I never will. I just can´t do it.