I finally figured out what the cover of Where´d you go, Bernadette reminds me of. It´s Puck, die Stubenfliege:
Puck, die Stubenfliege is a character in "Biene Maja", a famous German children cartoon series. And isn´t he just adorable. I considered the cover of Where´d you go, Bernadette for the terrible cover spot. But come on, Puck die Stubenfliege is on the cover! I just can´t do it.
Thankfully there is a boat trip in this book, so I´m claiming the "Travel: planes, trains or road trips" spot for this book.
1. A book by a dead author - Jamaica Inn by Daphne DuMaurier
2. YA or children´s title - Ares: Bringer of Death by George O´Connor
3. A blast from the past: historical fiction - Jane Steele by Lindsay Faye
4. Mystery and suspence - Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
5. Adapted for the big screen - High Fidelity by Nick Hornby
6. Read in a boat, tent or cabin - The Sign of Four by Arthur Conan Doyle
7. Beach, sand or sun on the cover - Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
8. A book bust or bummer - The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides and The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
9. New to you author - The Vegetarian by Han Kang
10. Travel: planes, trains or road trips - Where´d you go, Bernadette by Maria Sample